April 12th, 2022
The Value of Life Insurance:
LIC incorporates a vast range of products to offer and it often becomes difficult to decide the right plan.
Some people may think of life insurance as just another expense. The question you need to consider is, should your family suffer an economic hardship if you are no more? If your answer is yes, then life insurance is important & must for you to have.
– Financial Protection
It provides financial protection against death during the policy term with the provision of payment of lumpsum at the end of the selected policy term in case of your survival.
– Savings / Easy Liquidity
It encourages you to commit for systematic savings for long term. A lumpsum payout is paid either on death/ maturity to fulfill your dreams or financial commitments. Easy Liquidity is available by way of Loans, just by returning back original policy bond, No surety/ guarantor is required. Besides, the Life insurance policy is also generally accepted as collateral security for housing loan purpose.
– Tax Benefits
LIC is the best way to enjoy dual tax benefits.
(i) The premiums paid under eligible for Tax rebate under section 80C
(ii) Amount received by Money back plan/ Maturity/ Death claims are Tax-free under section 10(10D)
– Jeevan Labh Plan: LIC’s Jeevan Labh is a limited premium paying with-profits Endowment plan, which is not linked to any share market. It is a combination of Protection, Savings & Tax-saving policy in which you enjoy all benefits of an endowment plan Benefits of an endowment insurance plan
. This plan is best suited for people looking for short term premium commitment with long term Insurance coverage & benefits. This plan provides financial support for the family in case of the unfortunate death of the policy holder any time during the policy term and a lump sum payout at the time of maturity.
– Money Back Plans: LIC’s New Money Back policy is a limited premium payment with-profits plan. This plan is best suited for short term financial planning, i.e., under this plan a guaranteed assured sum is paid at the end of 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th & 25th year. In case of unfortunate death of the policy holder any time during the policy term the family gets a full Sum assured + Bonus (irrespective of money back paid to the policy holder), if policy holder survives a lump sum payout at the time of maturity.
– Children’s Money Back: The New Children Money Back policy is a regular premium payment with profits plan. The policy can be taken on child from age ‘0’ to ’12’ years. A Guaranteed money back is paid at age 18, 20, 22 & 25 year of child for higher education purpose. Optional rider is available for Waiver of entire premium in case of parent death during the policy term.
– Jeevan Anand Plan: It is a combination of endowment & whole life plan. It’s a conventional with-profits plan, which is not related to any share market. A all-in-one plan with combination of Protection, Savings, Tax benefits (on entry & exit level) and whole life insurance cover. It provides financial protection to your family against death throughout your lifetime with the provision of payment of lumpsum at the end of the selected policy term. This plan also takes care of liquidity needs through its loan facility throughout your life time.
– Jeevan Anand Plan: This is a conventional with profits plan, which is not related to share market. This plan offers a guaranteed Tax-free returns @ 8% per annum (after premium paying term) till 100 years of age. Again a lumpsum amount is paid either on Maturity or Death of the policy holder. This plan also takes care of liquidity needs through its loan facility throughout your life time.
LIC policyholders enjoy a sovereign guarantee on the sum assured and the bonus declared as per section 37 of LIC Act, 1956 which clearly states that "Policies to be guaranteed by Central Government - The sum assured by all policies issued by the corporation including any bonuses declared in respect thereof and, subject to the provisions contained in section 14 the amounts assured by all policies issued by any insurer the liabilities under which have vested in the corporation under this act, and all bonuses declared in respect thereof, whether before or after the appointed day, shall be guaranteed as to payment in cash by the Central Government."